|Latin Name:||Garcinia Combogia L|
|Appearance:||Greyish white powder|
Garcinia cambogia,a small or medium sized tree with rounded crown and horizontal or dropping branches grown in the evergreen forests of the West Southern India and Sri Lanka. Leaves are dark green and shining, elliptic and abovate. The fruits are like pumpkin and of the size of an orange. The fruits are edible, but too sour to be eaten raw. They are commonly known as Malabar tamarind.
The Hydroxycitric acid as the main principle in the rind of Garcinia is well known since years and now proved tobe bringing about weight loss and is being used as a food supplement for obesity control. The manufacturing process of the extract follows water extraction, filtration, and precipitation by Calcium or Potassium, standardization, drying and milling.
Hydroxycitric acid: HCA is a close relative of citric acid, the component that gives citrus fruits their characteristic tart flavor. Unlike citric acid that is found throughout the plant kingdom, HCA is limited to only a few plant species. HCA comprises somewhere between 10 to 30% (by weight) of the dried rind of Garcinia fruit, by far the greatest amount known from any single source.
1. Contain a large amount of HCA, this ingredient can inhibit the synthesis of fat, preventing glucose from synthesizing fat in vivo.
2. Structures similar to citric acid inhibit the activity of enzyme ATP-Citrate lyase and block carbohydrate conversion into excess fat in the body.
3. Promote fat combustion in the body and convert excess energy into easily consumed liver sugar.
4. It regulates the fat metabolism in the body and transfers the excess nutrients that are not consumed by the body as calories to be stored in the muscle and liver in the form of glycogen.
5. Increase liver and muscle capacity to store glycogen and reduce fat production.
6. If the storage of glycogen in the body increases, the body immediately supplies energy when it is in the body, and the natural response to hunger due to the decrease in blood sugar also decreases, so it has the effect of suppressing appetite. Slowing down the production of carbohydrates and proteins.
7. Heat production, can burn fat, stimulate the body's function, will release fat.
8. Studies have shown that HCA reduces fat formation by more than 40% within 8 to 12 hours after meal.
1. It inhibits the accumulation of fat as a result of consumption of carbohydrates and sugar.
2.It activates the process of thermogenesis.
3.It neutralizes the function of the enzyme ATP citrate lyase, thus lowers the fat and cholesterol accumulation.
4.It increases serotonin level (a neurotransmitter) and reduces the appetite.
5.It inhibits the lipid and fatty acid synthesis and lowers the synthesis of triglyserides and LDL.
6.It promotes the glycogen storage in liver and muscles.