|Latin Name:||Crataegus pinnatifida Bge.|
Crataegus laevigata, known as the midland hawthorn, English hawthorn, woodland hawthorn or mayflower, is a species of hawthorn native to western and central Europe, from Great Britain (where it is largely confined to lowland ancient woodland) and Spain east to the Czech Republic and Hungary. It is also present in North Africa. The species name is sometimes spelt C levigata,but the original orthography is C lævigata.
1. Hawthorn Berries stimulate bile and gastric secretions, aiding in the digestion of stagnant food in the GI tract, especially that which is rich in fats or protein.They also contain various organic compounds that interact with gut flora to improve the digestion of nutrients for weight Reduction.
2. Improving the tolerability of mycardium to hypoxia and act against cardiac infarct like propanolol.
3. Dilating coronary artery and improving the vitality of myocardium.
4. Decreasing blood lipids,blood pressure and the cerebral vascular resistance.
5. Act against arrhythmia,expecially atrial or ventricular premature beats,but have no effect on effect on atrial fibrillation.
6. Significantly suppress the platelet aggregation induced by collagen.
1.Applied in food field,it is widely used as functional food additive.
2.Applied in health product field, it owns the function of strengthening stomach, promoting digestion and preventing postpartum syndrome.
3.Applied in pharmaceutical field, it is frequently used in treating coronary heart disease and angina pectoris.